Regular Paper Track
We will have a short (4 pages) regular paper track, which allows participants to share research ideas related to image compression. In addition to the paper, we will host a poster session during which authors will be able to discuss their work in more detail.
We encourage exploratory research which shows promising results in:
- Lossy image compression
- Quantization (learning to quantize; dealing with quantization in optimization)
- Entropy minimization
- Image super-resolution for compression
- Compression artifact removal
- Inpainting (and compression by inpainting)
- Generative adversarial networks
- Perceptual metrics optimization and their applications to compression
And in particular, how these topics can improve image compression.
Challenge Paper Track
The challenge task participants are asked to submit a short paper (up to 4 pages) detailing the algorithms which they submitted as part of the challenge.
|March 8th, 2019||Deadline for paper submission and factsheets.|
|March 22rd, 2019||Paper decision notification|
|March 30th, 2019||Camera ready deadline|